The early development of the Barnett Shale natural gas play in Texas led to the founding, in 2002, of the company now known as FTS International. As development of the Barnett was heating up, the founders saw the growing need for well stimulation services. In true entrepreneurial fashion, they started the business from the ground up, used innovative technologies and vertical integration to create a thriving enterprise, then sold their shares in the company in 2011 to a consortium of investors. The company continues to grow and innovate – in the spirit of its founders.
Today, FTS International is a leading independent provider of well stimulation services for the oil and gas industry in the United States. The company also has several international joint venture projects in progress. Exploration and production companies use our services primarily to enhance their recovery rates from wells drilled in shale and other unconventional reservoirs.
We continue to focus on more environmentally friendly ways to do business - developing vital assets and promoting energy independence, while protecting natural resources.
FTSI’s strategic integration provides a competitive edge, as we custom manufacture, assemble, or produce many key components used in our operations. Our extensive supply chain network includes:
- Manufacturing Custom Pumps and Pumping Units – FTSI’s custom manufacturing plants in Cisco and Fort Worth, Texas, produce key components used in our operations, including proprietary high-pressure pumps and the mobile pumping units on which they are mounted. Manufacturing these pumps and units ourselves allows us to add pumping capacity as needed. Plus, we manufacture many of our own replacement parts, helping reduce equipment downtime and increase reliability for our clients. Our pumping fleet is one of the youngest in the industry, made in the USA to provide durability and reliability in hostile environments.
- Proprietary Proppant Sources – FTSI owns and operates sand mines, sand processing facilities and sand resin coating facilities. The proppant operations allow the company to provide a vast, stable supply of proppant, including raw, processed sand and resin coated sand for use in well stimulation operations – further increasing reliability on the job site.
- Logistics – FTSI’s extensive logistics network delivers millions of pounds of sand daily across the nation via trucks and rail.
- Strategic Service Locations – Our U.S. network of District Offices, equipment maintenance facilities and proppant resources is located within easy reach of today’s most active oil and gas plays. Electronic technicians and mechanics are an integral part of the crew on every job site, to quickly handle problems and maintain reliability.
- Research and Development – The mission of FTSI’s
Corporate Technology Center (CTC) is to develop tomorrow’s technology to
improve production results today. The CTC provides world-class technology,
equipment and resources for FTSI’s elite scientific team of experienced chemists, biologists and engineers to help solve the complex
puzzles found in shale plays – all with the goal of developing
the most effective, economical and environmentally conscious solution for each
well. This team of experts develops new fluid technologies and also custom blends
fluids and products for use in well stimulation.
- Water Management – From on-site water purification and recycling to
early detection and intervention of bacteria issues, FTS International delivers
innovative solutions to help customers manage water resources.